Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Reflections

Today I'm doing Friday Reflections! I especially like this week's reflections because I love 1st John. To learn more about it, click here.

This Week's Verse

"But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world."
~ 1 John 4:4 (NLT) (Copied directly from Christ is Write.)
 

 Tessa's Questions

Have you ever tried to take a situation into your own hands, relying on your strength rather than God's? What was the result?
I'm actually guilty of doing this many times. When something is wrong in my life and I'm upset, instead of going to God like I should, I listen to my music. (And it's usually not Christian) To my flesh, it seems like a much easier thing than praying to God. But God has shown me the truth. He is more satisfying than any of my worldly pleasures could ever be.
 
Are there any difficulties you are facing that you need to hand over to God? 
I usually am a 'it's going to be okay' kind of person. More than that, I tend to let my instincts take over. They tell me everything's going to work out okay and I shouldn't bother talking to God. That's a lie. No matter how big or small, I should take my troubles to God, knowing that He will out things for His good.

How can you face these struggles through His strength rather than your own?
I know I can always talk to Him by praying. Reading the Bible is a necessity. Now that I am growing I see that even though I might think I know a lot of things about the Bible, there is so much I can learn.

Discuss your own reflection of this Scripture (as I did above -- at least one paragraph).
In fantasy books, sci-fi movies and all kinds of entertainment, we constantly see a battle between good and evil. These wars have tension, sacrifice,  and at times, seem hopeless. But what is amazing about Jesus is that He, and only He, can assure us that the war is won. He defeated and crushed sin on the cross. Though strife goes on in our lives, God has victory.

Thank you once again, Tessa for doing this!
In Christ,
Sarah

 
 

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah