Thursday, May 22, 2014

Friday Reflections

Here's my Friday Reflections!

This Week's Verse

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. ~Psalm 37:4 (ESV)

Tessa's Questions

Have you ever placed any dreams before God? What was the result?

Often I've thought about my dreams without God in the equation. The result is that I see how empty and cliché my dreams are without Jesus.

Has God ever given you a desire of your heart?
I've wanted to touch people with my writing and this blog has enabled me to do that:)

Has God ever given you a desire of your heart?

List steps that you are going to take to put God first in your life.
1. Constantly remind myself how empty my dreams would be without God! I know that Jesus is the only thing that can fill me, but sometimes I get lost in the moment and forget that.
2. Read the Bible and spend more time with God.
3. Spend more time listening to/reading Christian stuff instead of secular books and music.
4. Put that inspiration in my writing and mind.

What are the desires you think God has placed on your heart, and how could you use them to bring Him glory?
I've always wanted to offer people hope in Jesus in some way. Once again, I would like to someday being a published author and want to show Jesus to young adults through that.

Discuss your own reflection of this Scripture (at least one paragraph).

Because our heart is corrupted with flesh, many times the desires of our heart don't focus on God. Instead, it lives to glorify us and our way of life. But the amazing thing about Jesus is that he can purify our desires and want us to live for his glory. I see that in my dad all the time and realize how different it must have been when I didn't have God.

If we ask Him, Jesus can make our desires focused on Him. We must remember that only He is worth being the #1 priority in our lives.

Hope you enjoyed it!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah