Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Dad

Today is my dad's birthday! So I wanted to do a special post for my dad since I couldn't give him a present due to our five day trip. Though he is getting older, he is still acts like a kid sometimes.... okay, a LOT. But I still love him for who he is.

First of all, we have a lot of differences. One of our differences is that we don't share the same taste in music. In Christian music, we agree on pretty much everything, but secular music... not so much. While I listen to 'Mix 96.5'. he listens to 'Old Country 97.7'. He is extremely clean and neat while I can't even seem to keep my room clean. He is neat and organized, but most of the time, I forget to shut my dresser's drawels. He is extremely socilable while I'm shy and usually can't carry on a conversation with someone unless I'm close to them. He is outspoken about his faith, but I haven't picked that up yet.

I think the reason we get along so well is because we both love Jesus so much, Though we have many differences, we both love God equally. We both have the same love for Jesus and we both have the same desire to glorify Him.

Dad teaches me so much. He really helps me understand the world and he exposes lies that I don't see otherwise. I am so blessed and thankful to God to have such a great Dad who is so involved in my life and cares about what I see, talk about, and listen to.

For those of you who know my dad personally, you know that he can be a little crazy and weird sometimes. Some of you probably wonder how it doesn't embarrass me when my dad sings 'Climb Every Mountain' at Walmart, at the top of his lungs. But you know what? It doesn't embarrass me at all. I love everything about my dad. Hey, God knows me better than anybody and He's the one that put this guy in my life and I am  thankful that He did.

So happy birthday, Dad! I love you so much! I want you to know that I might get mad at you, we may fight, but I don't ever want you to change your awesome personality. God created you and gave you the desire for Him. I wouldn't change a thing if I could... or if I got paid for it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha!! Climb Every Mountain at Walmart? That's so funny!!!!!

    Anna:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah