Saturday, July 21, 2012

What's the Point?

There was a poem I posted called Alive! It was about a girl who almost committed suicide. If you've read the poem, you'll know that she didn't committed suicide.

Well, she actually did.

No, that the kind of suicide when you take a gun or whatever and kill yourself, the spiritual kind.

In Luke 9:23, Jesus says, "If anyone will come after me, he must take his cross up daily and follow me."
A cross is death. In that time, they killed their prisoners by hanging them on a cross. You could kill yourself, by nailing yourself on a cross.

To follow Jesus, you have to take up your gun, your knife, and follow him. Let's face it. We've all had thoughts of giving up. But to follow Jesus, we have to depose of those thoughts. There's always hope with Jesus.

We were born in sin. I find joy in sinning, but when I gave my life to God, I committed spiritual suicide. You have to die to yourself, and not just when you decide to follow Jesus. You have to do it daily.

Q. What's the point of living?
A. Jesus. Jesus is the reason we're here, and without him, there is no point.

When I went to the David Crowler concert, one of their songs said, "Life is worth living because he lives."

That's so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah