Monday, December 31, 2012

My Faithful God

It's 4:02, 6 more hours until 2013. I can't believe it's really over. It's been a total life-changing year for me.

First of all, I actually got a story published in the newspaper. Even though I hate the story a little bit, it was still a big blessing to get in the newspaper. I also entered a Patrick Henry Writing Contest. Even though I didn't win, I'm really thankful for the experience. I am also thankful to God for giving me the love for writing and for showing it to me. I am also thankful to Anna for listening to all of my stories and encouraging me so much!

I have created another blog her. It's just another gift from God!

We went to 3 amazing concerts and started going to YHOP. YHOP is so much fun and amazing! Since we haven't met in awhile because of the holidays, I miss it and I am counting the days until we have it again! The two concerts were also a gift from God. Britt, David Crowler, and Francesca were a total blessing and gave me something to look forward to!

This summer, I finally faced that I could not make it without Jesus. Later, I got serious about having a personal relationship with Him. It's been amazing! I want to share  some proof that God is totally awesome and faithful to all of us.

One of the families in our church, a family that was very close to us, moved away at least three years ago. Last year, the mother in this wonderful family was diagnosed with cancer, a really bad kind. I still remember this lady even though I haven't seen her since she moved away. She was so nice and fun. Just a few weeks ago, our family was looking on Facebook when we saw a picture of her. I could barely recognize her. It was so sad to see her like that.

With prayer, she survived Christmas and as far as I know, she's still alive, but they're counting the days. Recently, another family in our church went to see this family. They talked about their visit yesterday. The woman that had cancer had said that they should be jeaulous of her. Why would she ever say something like this? Because she knows that she's going to Heaven; that's she going to get out early.

God is so faithful. He puts joy in the saddest of things. He did that a lot this year. I can't wait to see what He does next.

Bring it on, 2013!!!

In Christ,
Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah