Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Full Poem

I thought I'd post the full version of my poem, If I Never Knew You. I already posted some of it before. It's for my book with the same title.

I thought I'd say something to you before I live and die.
So here's what I'm saying right now, here's what I decided to write:

Let's just say our relationship wasn't bright
And I would tell Mom and Dad to get you out of my life
But through all our fights and strife,
I discovered something that I've been missing all this time

If I never knew, I wouldn't have changed
If I never knew you, I would still be out of range
If I never know you, I wouldn't have realized
The true meaning of love and sacrifice.
If I never knew you, things would be the same,
But maybe, just maybe, it's better that way

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah