Thursday, March 19, 2015

Renew My Desires

Lord, what I have is not enough
But still, I just can't give it up. 
I know you're everything I need.
But words are easier than deeds.

I am so selfish sometimes
Caring first about myself
Even though I keep it in
It's nothing less than sin
I need more than a little help.

Father, please drown me in your mercy
And quench the flames of my flesh
By myself, I can't get out of this mess
I'm trapped in a silly fantasy
But You are more than I can see.
So, by your grace,
Teach me to walk in your ways.
It is only with You I can inspire
And renew my desires.

Awhile back, I went through the motions often. I read my Bible every day, but it was more of a chore than a passion. I confessed my sins and prayed, but I did not have the relationship with God that I wanted to have. The problem was, as hard as I tried, I didn't have the desire to pray. I didn't want to study the Bible the way I should have. Honestly, I dwelled in it, not knowing what to do about it.

But I grew and I realized something. It's not me. By myself, I do not have the desire to do the things I had to do in order to learn from God. I would rather listen to music than memorize a Bible Verse. But I prayed for a long time that God would give the desire to do it, to feel the need for Him. I think I finally have that. He has given me the desire to walk with Him, a desire I could not possess without Him.

Thank you for reading. What has God shown you recently?
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad for you! I hope this desire stays for a long long time!

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah