Wednesday, November 26, 2014

So....

Hello peoples! I just wanted to quickly and post to say I'm going to be out of town this weekend for thanksgiving. Once I get back though, I plan to write my "Top 10 Favorite Male Characters". So stay tune for that. Yesterday, I found out that I (yes, me) finalized in the Go Teen Writers Lots of Luck Contest.

I'm especially excited about that because my past entries for their contest have not been very good at all. I doubt I'll win. My entry wasn't too creative, but I am happy to know that I finalized. Yay! Yay is one of my favorite words, by the way.

 I was planning to post a more hopeful poem, but I can't find that one. As a substitute, I decided to write a little poem that has been stuck in my head for days.

They, they went away.
They, they should have stayed.
But it's too late,
To take back the things they've done.

They, they cry their tears.
They, they can't forget their fears.
All alone now,
And the battle can't be won.

Everything they had has turned to dust.
They cry in their bedrooms saying, "Oh, what happened to us?"

Depressing, isn't it? Well, below, I posted this beautiful Ed Sheeran song. Do yourself a favor and listen to it. It's perfect for a wedding:)

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am



 'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen
And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory
I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand


What are you doing for Thanksgiving? What are you most thankful for? Has anyone seen MockingJay Part 1 yet? Comment and tell me about it!
 

9 comments:

  1. Aww those song lyrics are so cute!
    I love the poem, even though it is a little bit depressing :)
    I'm going to my grandma's for Thanksgiving...and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! All of my friends have talked about going to see MockingJay, but I haven't gotten around to doing it...not sure if ever I will. (I never read the books!)
    -Lauren<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know it is. That sounds fun:) Yeah, I'm not allowed to watch the movies yet. You might want to talk to your parents first, but you should totally read The Hunger Games. It's amazing:)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finalizing!! Have a happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finalizing! I did too, and that was SO amazing (and pretty suprising)! We didn't do much for thanksgiving. One thing I'm thankful for this year is that I'm getting a lot more fellowship with other Christian teens than before. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Congrats. Yes, it was surprising to be too. I'm thankful for that too! This year I've met so many new friends!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! :) Glad for you! What else.... Blogging has been amazing (I started about the middle of Decemer last year). And writing... With 100-4-100 I've been getting a bunch more writjng done than I used to. :)

      Delete

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah