Thursday, November 13, 2014

Changing the World

People talk a lot about changing the world.

I was reminded of this when I just happened to catch Donald Sutherman's interview (the guy who plays President Snow in Mocking Jay) Something he said caught my attention. "Young people have to get out. You have to get out and change things. You really do. And it's up to you. We've wrecked this world and if you're going to fix it, you have to do it now."

From Disney songs to sci-fi YA fiction, changing the world is a popular subject. At this time in age, I think we all can agree that this world needs a change now more than ever. With layers of lies plastered all over entertainment, schools, and signs, it seems a little impossible, doesn't it?

I'm not here to be cliché. I'm not going to say things like, "Nothing is impossible" or "A million starts with one." I want to remind people about something we tend to forget through all the trouble the world posses.

Jesus has already changed the world.

Through all the sin that has almost consumed this earth, Jesus still lives on. What's amazing about Jesus dying on the cross is that His action cannot be undone, no matter how much sin has been committed since then. He still loves us and we can still tell the whole world about Him. His forgiveness is open to anyone, anyone. That's just amazing.

I'm not discouraging from trying to change the world. If you want to raise money for charity, do that. But just remember why you do that. Because if Jesus didn't change the world already, our efforts to do anything good in this world would be basically pointless. We couldn't tell the hopeless person that there is hope. We wouldn't have a reason to love and to run after people with His message. Without Jesus, we would fail miserably. Oh yes, we still do, but He helps us through that.

"I got to get back to writing my novel so this isn't as long as I would have liked. But I just want to remind you what Jesus has already done--given us a reason to carry on his message of hope and love." John 16:33

 

6 comments:

  1. I love how you said that Jesus has already changed the world, because that is so true! <3 I love how he changes our hearts, too! Thank you for the encouragement today!
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Thank you for the encouraging comment:)

      Delete
  2. You're definitely right about a higher power already having changed the world for us. I think we should still guide ourselves in the right direction though. If Jesus has already changed enough, then we should try to change more to make it even better. I don't know. I guess it depends on how motivated we are. I'm liking the world quite a bit as it is.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course. I agree. We should motivate ourselves to change the world. The world does have a lot of problems though, but with Jesus, the good things about it seem much better and the bad things don't seem so hopeless after all:) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for The Grateful Blogger Award!

    http://lordsgirls.blogspot.com/2014/11/thankful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah