Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm Back!

Hello! I am BACK from Super Summer, one of the best camps of all. It was amazing. But just a sec, I'll get into details in a minute.

Before anything else, I want to thank my dear blogging friends for posting on my blog!  You are awesome! Jessica and TW, I love you guys! You're both talented writers and great friends. I am honored to have you guest post on my blog:) As my first guest posters, you were wonderful. Scroll down to look at the guest posts that these amazing girls wrote.

Since I'm back, my dear readers, you're stuck with me then. Vacation ended. Sorry about that. Now I'm going to talk to you about Super Summer. This year, the theme was the 10/40 window, the part of the world with the most unreached people groups. And, like last year, it was unbelievable.

This was my second year doing it. I expected to make friends, worship so good it's crazy, and to get close to God. I did all of those things... and much more.

Things I learned at Super Summer:

  • Whenever the Bible says "Therefore", it means, "before that." For example, in the Great Commission, Jesus says, "There, go to nations... etc." Right before that he said something that, "The world has been given to me."  See the connection? The actual verse says, "All authority in Heaven and earth has been given to me. Therefore..."
  • Though our 'dean' of our 'school' didn't address the subject of dating often, he did say that if you're dating someone without marriage as a goal, most likely, you're dating someone else's husband or wife.
  • In my Women of Influence class, our teacher told us that in the culture, women in submission is seen as wrong and weak. However, our Lord, Jesus, submitted to the Father and he was still fully God.
  • This is probably the most life-changing thing I learned. Explaining the Gospel is NOT hard. My mother's side of the family are mostly non-Christians. I always thought that if I tried to explain to them, I'd say it the wrong way. But as I learned last week, it's not difficult. Because really, God made it simple.
Here's a cool story. Since the theme was the 10/40 window, they naturally encouraged us to think about going to the window. Super Summer took place at Greenville College and some of the students were there for summer school. My pastor encouraged his students at Super Summer to witness to the Greenville students. One shared the Gospel with a Chinese student who lives in the 10/40 widow and had never heard the name of Jesus. God will bring those people to you if you open up your heart to it.

Though I great miss all my friends, I'm glad to be back. When you're a writer, it's extremely difficult when you have an idea for a blog post and can't post it! But I took a break for electric devices. That was nice.

Stay tune for most posts! It's good to be back!

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah