Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Semester

Dear Fellow Bloggers and Readers,

Hello! It's been awhile since I've posted. In fact, I haven't posted since last year, which was only a few weeks ago.

I'm, sorry for not keeping on my usual blogging schedule. To be honest, the only thing I can think of is that I have a writer's block. (You know, the thing where you have time to blog. You open up the page and get a snack to eat while you write. But then... nothing comes out on the pages. Either you get distracted or lack ideas. It takes awhile to realize your post can't write itself. Maybe that's why it's been twenty minutes you're still staring at a blank 'new post'.)

I have posted, but it's been awhile since I wrote a music review. But seriously, even I don't know what's up with that. There have been some songs I wanted to review, but haven't. I feel like I need to take time to rethink the music review thing. Lately, I've been feeling like I need to rethink the whole music thing in general. Honestly, there have been some times where I listen to music that isn't good,  music I even criticize on this blog. Not all the time, but every once in awhile. I can only think that is because I listen to too much secular music in general. Leading up to: Until I get my priorities straight, I feel like I shouldn't post a music review. I am sorry for everything about that.

Today is the first day of school for me. So I would like to give you some encouragement from and inspired by the Bible.

Since the new semester is starting, things have changed. You might be happy about it or you might be slamming your hand on the 'off' button of your alarm, screaming, "SHUT UP!"

Maybe you had a good semester last year. You learned lots of new things. For the most part, you got good grades. You met new friends. It was cool. Or maybe you didn't good grades and you didn't have a good time. One of hardest things to experience is when you are smart, but you have a lot of responsibilities, due papers, and projects. It's a stressful time.

Whatever you're experiencing while starting the new semester, I want you to know that God has a plan for you. Everything you learn is something that He designed. You might not understand why you're learning it. Math frustrates me. It makes me want to pull my hair out. But I'm learning every day that God made math for a reason.

Why? To teach us character. Like God, math is consistent. It never changes. In that way, it teaches us about Him. Okay, it is complicated. It makes us want to pull our hair out when we spend so much time on it and we fail. Or failing in general makes us mad. (By failing, I don't mean actually getting a F, just not getting a good grade.) By that, it teaches us perseverance and patience.

If you just get one step wrong in math, you get the whole problem wrong. Sometimes you don't even realize it. Either way, it results to a do over. We have to be patience and not rush to get everything done. Because if we did that, we risk getting everything wrong.

One more thing. You might think some things that you learn are boring. But just remember that these things that God thought of. He created the weird things that you learn about in biology. He made algebra. Everything he thought of was for us. It was made to help us.

"Whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

In Christ,
Sarah

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah