Monday, December 16, 2013

A Different Side of Me

I know I've been kind of 'dead' for the last week. I haven't been posting any music reviews. Though I like a lot of songs, I don't feel inspired.

So I'm going to tell you guys about another side of me: my fictional writing side. Though I've admitted I write fiction before, I've never talked about it. The truth is, I plan to be an author. It's something I've dreamed about ever since I was nine or ten.

I started writing fairy tales when I was ten. They were short stories or mini novels. I thought I'd never leave my kingdom story world. I loved my stories and planned to make a career out of those. I had it all planned out. But then...

He came along.

He was one of the very first characters I imagined. A lot of stories in my head were based on movies or books I had read. There was nothing out of my actual imagination. But he was new. He was different. At first, he was this perfect character that I loved and hated to see make a mistake. It's hard to believe that now.

I wanted to keep him a secret. I decided he should be a little story world in my mind only. Only I knew him and the story. I never thought I'd bring it out in the open. With this idea, I did. He lead to my very first novel. In the end, I actually started hating. But it made me realize that I didn't have to hold it back. It was the first 'long' book I had written.

Afterwards, I began on another project with the same secret story world. I worked it in the first person. It was really great. I started a series with his best friend. I can't tell you how fun and great it was to write these books. The greatest part about it was that every book was better than the last.

No, I haven't got it published. I've only showed it to four people. Maybe I never will get it published. Though the future is uncertain, it's a blessing. I've learned to keep God the center of what I do through it. I was able to express myself in ways I can't express with talking. With these characters, Ellie and I have created a game. Every night we get in bed and stay up for a half hour at most. It's so much fun! The story is a part of me now. Someday I will fully express it, but not until I improve it more.

What's the point of this post? Well, I want you guys to know that you shouldn't hold anything back. In my experiences, it's good to keep things in your head, but you never know what will happen if you pick up a pen and write. It doesn't have to be a writing thing. The point is don't hold back an idea you have, even if its crazy. You'll never know what it can turn it into. That story I kept in my head is so much different now, in a good way.



This proves you can learn something from this childish animated movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah