Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Light and the Darkness

"I'm not super religious, but I grew up a Christian and believe in God. I don't talk about it in L.A much because people are very judgemental, but I feel like God gave me a voice, not just to sing with. He put me through those things, which seemed horrible at the time, but it was so worth it. With the obstacles I've overcome, I can help people."

Demi lovato said this in an interview to a very secular magazine while speaking  about her suicidal  thoughts at age 7. It's an amazing testimony. God has a reason for everything even all the pain we go through.

I used to be very judgemental about these kind of people. Well, actually anything and anyone who wasn't a Christian I was judgemental about. But the thing I was most judgemental about was secular artists who were professing Christians. I thought that if they were Christians they sing about God. 

Now I see how wrong I was.

The truth is that if you don't sing about Christ doesn't mean you're not  a Christian. Sure, it matters, but the Bible says we 
will know by their fruits. Let's face it:  not all of our fruits have to be 'Christian' I've written songs that aren't Christian but hopefully you can tell I'm a Christian because I wrote about Jesus even though some of you don't know me personally. Not  all my posts are about Jesus. Many of them aren't. 

Furthermore, I am very glad we have people like Demi Lovato and Britt Nicole. Don't you notice that the secular world  doesn't make any effort to listen to us? This world hates us!! They're not going to come to us and we have to come to them!! Without lights like Demi Lovato and Britt Nicole, who aren't afraid to go into the darkness despite what the Christians will think of them, this world will be a whole lot darker!! It's like a Missionary going to a pagan tribe. That's why I'm thankful for people like them.

In Christ,
Sarah

"The darkness had gone into the light, but the darkness has not overcome it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah