Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dads are crazy

At a local fair we usually go to, my dad and I went on the Ferris Wheel.

Since I hadn't spent much time with him, I asked him if we could go. It was my only choice. The Ferris wheel is the only ride my dad will go on. He will get sick on any other ride, including, the kiddie ride, The Dizzy Dragons.

Dad wasn't sure about it, but when I said, "C'mon, you can be my date," he went. The second, the ride started, Dad made a big deal of of it. Waving his arms around, he screamed, "I'm on the Ferris wheel!"

Talk about kiddie.

But it was nothing compared to what he did when we got stuck on the top. Down below, the oldie, 'Old Rocky Mountain Tenensee' was playing on a stereo.
Guess what he did?
He started singing the song as loud as he could!
When I told him to stop, he started singing a song that he made up. "Why can't a big boy act like a little boy sometimes?" he sang.
"Not when you're riding the Ferris Wheel with your daughter!" I answered.
I wonder if he was trying to embarrass me.

Right now, I want to laugh about the whole thing. God picked out the best dad I could ever have. I am thankful for that.

Dad, if you're reading this, I would like to say something. These are words from my heart:

Get some singing lessons.

2 comments:

  1. That was one of the best rides of my life. And Sarah, my dear daughter, your love for music going back to your Barney days to your present piano parade of melodies in our living room are the impetus of my joy to sing. Not to mention, your smile from ear to ear. Encore with Love, Daddioso

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Post a comment below! They make our day!

In Christ,
Sarah